BIAC – Bucharest International Court of Arbitration invites you to an international conference on arbitration topics on February 23, 2018, starting with 17:00, at the Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest, Aula Magna.
The conference takes place in the preamble of the Fifth Romanian BIAC Pre-moot, in the preparation for the International Arbitration Competition Willem C. Vis. The Pre-moot is organized by BIAC – Bucharest International Arbitration Court in partnership with the Vindobona Association for the Arbitration Promotion in Romania and the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest.
16:30 Registration & welcome coffee
17:00 Welcoming Remarks
Mr. Dan Vișoiu, BIAC Secretary General
17:10 First Panel: Ethics in Arbitration
Moderator: Mrs. Ileana Smeureanu, Associate, Global Disputes, Jones Day France
– Party Representation in International Arbitration – Mrs. Lucia Raimanová
– The Role of Self-regulation – Mr. João Pedro Biazi
– Liability of Arbitrators – Mr. Peter A. Barna
– Does the Third-Party Funding Contract Alter the Rules of the Game? – Mrs. Cristina Florescu
18:30 Second Panel: The Future in Investment Arbitration
Moderator: Mr. Dan Vișoiu, BIAC Secretary General
– Dealing with Corruption Allegations in Investor-State Arbitration – Mrs. Ileana Smeureanu
– The Nationality of Investors: An Unresolved Issue – Mr. Lucian Ilie
– Interplay of Local and International Law and Role of Local Counsel in International Investment Arbitration – Mr. András Dániel László
– Factors influencing quantification of damage. Lessons from the past towards a more precise future – Mr. Vicu Buzac
19:50 Closing Remarks
20:00 Dinner Buffet & Networking
Presentations and discussions will be held in English.
Participation is free of charge, based on prior confirmation at email@example.com, until February 20, 2018.
More information about the Fifth Romanian BIAC Pre-moot can be found here.